What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US 27.5mm

94thFS95

Premium Member
Hello all,
Does anyone have pictures of The TP/HE type projectile (and know the fuse designation) for the US 27.5mm experimental round? I believe it was for the GE 127a auto cannon. I’d like to see how they were marked originally, and if you have the whole cartridge, does the case have corresponding markings?

When I originally asked for examples, I was under the impression that a couple of projectiles I just purchased were in fact 27.5x160 projectiles, however none of the ones in the collection linked in the reply are similar. All of those have a single band, whereas mine has double brass bands that are spaced 4mm apart, measure 28.3mm in diameter, while the main body of the projectile is 27.3mm and is 117.75mm OAL. Anyone know what this is?87F99B7D-66FC-40F9-BA79-30C7FD397326.jpeg
-Steve