What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US mine training sets

25thapril

Hello to all I have in my collection a US made Japanese mine training set. I'm assuming that they also made a training set for German mines/ordnance would anyone here have some details on it or better still some pic's Kind regards Daryl

Hello,Im not an exbert but I have been collecting for over 30 years.I also have the Jap mine set,and a few of the U.S. made German teller mines.To my nolleage there is not a german set just different German mines.I would like to know for sure myself.
vinny:elefant:

love to see

G'day Vinny and Jolly green thanks for the replies If it's possible Vinny could you please post some pic's of your german items I would just like to know what was in the sets Did they do a M24? or the egg grenades? and which mines etc.

Regards Daryl

There was both a Japanese and a German training mine set produced by the US. Each had mock-up ordnance and came packed in similar wooden crates. Many years ago I had one set of each with all of the items, but I traded them off decades ago. I do not remember what was in the German set, but it was a full box of items each in their own compartment. The Tellermines mentioned no doubt came from a set because I do recall one or two of them in my box. Bob

Thanks EOD GUY ,that is very interesting and good to no.
vinny
PS I will get those pictures up in a day or two,been deer hunting.:party: