What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USAF/Rigger (?) Flick knife

SpudGun

Any help appreciated. (Although this is a "flick knife" I checked with the local old bill and they said that possession as part of a collection was not illegal)

Would this be issued to Riggers etc, any idea of the date/era this is and whats the value ?

Stamped on the blade is:
SCHRADE
WALDEN
NY USA
STAINLESS

Thanks.

Knife.jpg

knife1.jpg

Slick Rich,

You are spot on. I have been collecting "Air Crew" survivak kits, vests, and componets since the eary 70's. Especially from the Vietnam Era to modern day.

And, yes they are handled out to this day. The non-blade section (ie: opposite the knife blade) is the shroud cutter with "U" shape.

Anybody else here collect Air Crew Survival Equipment beside me?

I don't know about by specific manufacturer, but they were still in the system as rigger's knives in the late 1980s. We were able to order them for everyone in the unit, think I've still got 1-2 boxed away somewhere.