What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V-24a

Bellifortis

Hallo,
today I want to share a treasure with you, the most beautiful and well made cutaway I have ever seen. I got this by chance 20 years ago, when nobody knew what it was. Today I would never be able to pay for something like this. Traditionally cutaways are produced as training aids for the people who are ordered to use them. The reason of a munition items life, is its final destruction, so the users don't usually put any value to this parts. I have seen many models in training aid collections that had been badly mutilated by the pupils (parts missing, damaged, oxidised by sweaty hands...). Some models, made by collectors, are so fragile, that even I am afraid to handle them. The following pictures show a factory produced training aid model. It's a full vertical semicut plus 2 square window cuts and plus 2 longitudonal window cuts. All the upper part outside steel parts are chrome plated, while the lower booster part is covered with a black corrosion resistant paint. All the visible inside mechanical parts are so well supported by the visible (not cut) washers, that the whole system is stable and can be manhandled. The V-24A is the fuze for the unguided, high velocity, concrete piercing, air to ground rocket S-24B (ARS 240) and it has 3 preadjustable delays.IMG_3212.jpgIMG_3208.jpgIMG_3206.jpgIMG_3204.jpgIMG_3202.jpg
Regards,
Bellifortis.

0024.jpg

Thanks for posting the nice drawing EOD. Would you be so nice as to post the legends for the numbers in roman letters (english or german), because I can't read cyrrilic script.
Regards,
Bellifortis.