What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very interesting info about EV costs

That it's cheaper in the long run may be true for the car and the "fuel" , but if you live in the Netherlands -like me- I can ashure you the government will do anything in it's power to at least nullify that advantage by raising taxes on ownership and road tax. In the end you'l pay the same - or even more- than for your gas guzzler.
If the Dutch government finds out there's a financial gain to be obtained by the population, you'd be amazed how fast they wake up to take it away.

A picture popped up on my phone a month ago of it said 1000 ev's left in a field that came from a city car share scheme, apparently it was cheaper to just abandon them than and buy new ones due to the cost of new batterys they needed and there's no eV car breakers/recycling yet.
What's the second hand market going to be like for these as petrol cars keep going for many years and keep going until they become unroad worthy in a lot of case's and 20+ years old.

Last edited:
A collegue of mine bougt a second hand electric car, don't ask me for the brand, I do not know. But after a couple of weeks it broke down due to one of the batteries was broken. They told him the whole battery package had to be replaced ....6000 euro!
The only electric car I drive is the bumper car at the local fair.

there is a very interesting documentary done by the al jazzera news network on the massive amounts of copper and other rare earth metals(and the massive open cast pit mines that they create) such as lithium,cobalt etc that these EVs are requiring
they certainly arent as good as they make out

there is a very interesting documentary done by the al jazzera news network on the massive amounts of copper and other rare earth metals(and the massive open cast pit mines that they create) such as lithium,cobalt etc that these EVs are requiring
they certainly arent as good as they make out

Ah, now for a lesson in Dutch environmental awareness;
A - "look at me being extremely green and environmental aware".
B - "Eh well, your being green destroys the environment on another place on earth irriversable."
A - "Sttt, we are very green over here, I'm not talking about over there"

And so in the Netherlands we quited using clean natural gas and have the woods in louisianan and estland chopped down and shipped over here to burn them in our electric powerplants.