What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very interesting movie about building a tank

pzgr40

Premium Member
I found this -more than- interesting movie on the internet about how the Industrial process of building a tank takes shape.
What makes it so intersting is that it gives an insight in the planning, organisation, flow of goods, subcontractors, machinery, metal machining , assembly and testing of the complete product.
As I have a metal manufacturing job myself I have looked with great interest to all the machinery from the good old times which were used to cut sprocketwheels by means of a pantograpf, the cutting and chisseling and close tolerance grinding of gearwheels. Remember , there was no such a thing as NC or CNC process control, al machines were steered mechanically.
As being used to the modern age one thing occured to me instantaniously; the lack of workfloor safety. Moving gears, chains and bands without a (maze) cover, no fences and no PPE. Luckily times have changed on that part of the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4tR1oipNmc

Regards, DJH

Last edited: