What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vickers 1 inch projectile

tigbrand

Premium Member
Hi does anybody have good close up pic of the Vickers WW1 1 inch aircraft round/projectile. Especially interested in dimensions of projectile. Also base configuration,ie solid/trace? Pics on A Williams article not really dtailed enough.Cheers in advance Tony.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Anybody???

Can nobody help with this? With the amount of people on this site,surely there must be some members with some info,this is British ordnance collectors network isnt it?:sad:

Tony, I have some drawings of the ammo for the 1" aiming tube, but that's not the same is it ? Tony.

!

Cheers Spot this is a bit obscure,thanks mate will ring you at w-end,cheers Tony:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

!

Cheers Roller too!The 1 inch aiming is different.If you fancy a trip from Hampshire to Dorset one day,you will be made most welcome.Thanks Tony.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Vickers 1inch

this is the best I can come up with Tony, a Vickers 25.4mm round. But these were from the 30s not WW1. This particular one has a centering band which is a little unusual. Dave

Attachments

• va.jpg
    va.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 51
1 in cartridge ww1

Hi
Don't know Vickers in 1 in!
I know 1Pdr (1.45in),2 pdr (1.57in)!:tinysmile_angry_t:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 29
1 inch Vickers

The picture is a 1 inch Nordenfelt or Aiming Rifle and is quite different to the Vickers 1 inch round which was a WWI aircraft gun. The calibre was 25.4 x 87R.

Have a look at Tony wiiliams site for a picture of the round.

Regards
TonyE