What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VIDEO : Good idea to show this on YOUTUBE ?

Hello there,

don' t ever forget for what purpes the grenades were made for ( to kill or destroy ), and the way of storage (sampatick detonation ), smoking a sigaret near the uxo isn't so handy....as well there are to many people arround....
Bad exsampel for digging UXO. I say no go!...

Well, at least they documented the incident with video and photos.
That should make identifying their remains a little easier!

You can't fix stupid!

Might be. I cannot believe that they were really digging with that shovel and the force they were using to dig these things up. I agree, they would be in allot of trouble if what appears to be an M15 would of went off. I cannot make out what he has in the other hand in that picture of the M15, anybody know what it might be?

Watching the video I can't help thinking about those 70 year old and corroded safety pins. It takes just one to fail and all these diggers will become statistics.
I do not suppose they dig all these handgrenades up just for the pictures and video and throw them all back in the hole afterwards?

Regards, Jan
http://www.westernfront.nl

Last edited:
Realy smart to show your face on camera. I may assume all stuff is cleared by proffesionals (EOD services)
Regards, DJH

May step on a toe here - but I have close to 28 years in EOD, watching this vid reminded me of watching Arabs handlign and digging uo ordnacne, just no detonation. Each hit with that entrenching tool I kept expecting a nice big fire ball, and right a M 15 WP theya re so so lucky it wasn't rusting through.

Where I have had some real respect for the UXO guys in Europe, sorry vid doesn't show the good guys in a very good light as everyone will think thats the way UXO jobs are done there.

To you guys who do a good, safe professional job, I am sorry this vid is out there for all to see

Did these fools have some kind of deathwish,not the best way to recover rusty grens,the pins in those grens were rusty but I bet the insides were probably in good working order,unlike the brain of the bloke with spade,
Cheers,
Don,

Good canidates for the Darwin awards
Can see it now old M15 detonates, simpathetic cook-offs, or rusty pin or spoon breaks equals four dead diggers
How do you say OH FUCK!!!! in Belgian?

If they are , as suggested , French speaking Belgians then the usual expletive employed would be "Merde !" followed by a visit to the heavenly stores dept. to get issued with a harp & a cloud to sit on or , worst case scenario a wait at the side of the river Styx to await the boatman for their journey to Hades .

I cannot make out what he has in the other hand in that picture of the M15, anybody know what it might be?[/QUOTE]

I dont know what it was he was holding in his left hand either Mark, may be it was some copper sulfate for the phosphorous burns later,,,,,, Dave

If some of my men gets to handle UXO the way guys in this vid do, and I see that on net they would be in serious trouble, even in possible job loosing situation.

But I will use this vid on the forgoing EOD training course to show what and how not to do!