What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waffy and Jeensy go to Ypres

jeeeensy

This IS a true story

Waffy and Jeeeensy were away on a little Blitzkrieg the other week and on their travels went
to Ypres and visited Menin Gate for the Ceremony.

They walked up to the Menin Gate Memorial after a pint or 2,, or was it more who knows ?
as the pub was within walking distance from the Memorial .

Upon arriving Waff exclaimed! that here were people everywhere and still more coming to see the ceremony.
So they made their way to the front to see the ceremony,

As they approached the front, there was a little old lady standing on tip toe trying to see over the wall of people, ,no chance!!
Waffy politely asked in his Northern accent Hello Madam,, d-ya want a bunk up !!!!

The little old lady turned round and said Oh, thats very kind of you, I guess every ones a winner then
with a big smile on her face and then walked back to her family.

It wasnt until Jeeeensy pointed out to Waffy what the phrase do you fancy a bunk up meant in Southern slang ,
the little old lady was a southerner and the reply every ones a winner was the perfect reply.

Shouldve seen Waffs face.

Hi Dave... it was funny,, one of those occasions you have to be there to appreciate it,, it was the look on thre old girls face that did it for me, ,,, a real picture :)

....not as funny as the look on my face when i realised i was accidently nearly pulled the old girl!

waffy