What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walts x2

Well,
some of those medal ribbons look British WW2 and he is wearing his rank titles round the wrong way?

Tony

cant see his ribbons correctly but does he have the Defence Medal twice? Whats that in front of his Silver Star?

I was going to say that the guy has a tattoo saying his name is Jesus and he doesn't look Puerto Rican - ?

Belt buckle WRONG, Seal Trident, looks like Shave Tail with First Lt bars, WAY too much fruit salad, can't get enough magnification, but his cover emblem might be enlisted. They used to prosecute for cr@p like that, and if he is a Jarhead, he should be shot!! Regards, Bruce.

P.S. Looked again and you were right, combat, a freekin' Silver Star!! And in front of it was what looks like the gold lifesaving medal, but I can't tell. Also notice that the guy passing him to the right looks ready to lay into him. I hope he did!!

Last edited:
I personally think that people get way too wrapped up in this stuff. No matter what, the guy is pathetic and a loser. At the end of the day he has to live with that, living in fantasy while other people go out and live real lives. Punishment enough, not worth the time.

The part that irritates me the most, is when they read a few books and suddenly become "experts" on a particular military subject, and claim to be historians, authorities, etc., followed by people actually believing them and treating them with respect.

Combat, Yeah, he was Army, but he knew what a Marine was supposed to look like. And even though people look the other way now a days, it is still a felony to impersonate an Commissioned Officer. Pogy bait em effer later claimed he was retired. Oh, well. Life goes on. Cheers, Bruce.

Sounds like they both (the guy bitching and the guy in uniform) both need a real life.

The way I read it,the guy writing the piece and the photographer are the first person, the guy on the left, the Marine, came in afterwards. I don't think he was deliberately trying to Walt, I think he's playing dressup for his Airsoft mates and didn't realise he was being an ass.

We get them in UK especially in November in time for Remembrance. Our last celebrated case was a chump by the name of Roger Day who was bigging it up for his Thai bride :tinysmile_kiss_t:. Unfortunately he was spotted by a member of the British Medal Forum who took this snap.

DSCN0544resize.jpg

An impossible combination littered with inaccuracies and nonsense. It was all over the British press and he was outed and charged but the police messed up the prosecution and he walked free from court. His wife tried to sell the medals on Ebay but no one bid :D

Here ya go
ribbons.jpg

Marine Corps Reserve Ribbon (obsolete 1967) - Silver Star - Meritorious Unit Citation (Navy/Marine) - Joint Service Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal - Afghanistan Campaign Medal - Navy Rifle Marksmanship Ribbon - Combat Action Ribbon (Navy/Marine)
Navy Pistol Marksmanship Ribbon - Iraq Campaign Medal - National Defense Service Medal #2 (for a double dose of pimpin) - Army Overseas Service Ribbon
Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal - Global War on Terrorism Service Medal - Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal - Navy & Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon

When I was about 13 I bought a shell case from a car boot sale. A bloke behind another stall saw me carrying it and then told me all sorts of stories about how he had been in the SAS, and still did "jobs" for the government today when he was needed. I don't believe that this stuff was true, because if it was, why go telling people at car boot sales?

When I was about 13 I bought a shell case from a car boot sale. A bloke behind another stall saw me carrying it and then told me all sorts of stories about how he had been in the SAS, and still did "jobs" for the government today when he was needed. I don't believe that this stuff was true, because if it was, why go telling people at car boot sales?

The strange thing is, everyone seems to be (in this country) a Marine, Para or SAS. Just about all of them have recently served in Helmand and "don't want to talk about it, seen some bad shit". Strange how I never meet anyone from the RLC or RE or any Guards and stuff. Too many books around if you ask me and too many losers with a sad and boring life who have to claim what others have done to attempt to gain respect.