What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War and Peace show 2009

F

Fuzeman

Thought i would let everyone know that the war and perace show was well attended by BOCN members .
Meeting Waffy this morning was interesting , how he stood up after last nights boozing , he looked completely out of it poor chap at his age he should know better lol.
He aquired some nice fuzes which im jealous of ha ha , Jack also had some nice fuzes as did Ben , should have gone yesterday oh well next year.
But it was nice putting names to faces .and meeting such interesting people.
steve

Nice day out

Agree with you there Steve as I met Charlie for the first time and again met Tigbrand Wafenampt, Fjordhouse Rickoshea and Mad Bomber-nice to see BOCN members and put faces to names !

Waffy was very pleased with his finds on Wednesday as we all were !

Last edited:
hi guys

i seemed to somehow have missed both of you every time i saw waff he was like, you just missed such and such, only like a couple of minutes ago.
What was the odds on that i had been camping up there since tuesday, so it was nice to have met up with a lot of bocn members that i had never met before.
And as for waff being a bit hung over we all were steve especially after drinking the stuff ben bought with him, forgot the name but it was 50% volume evil stuff nearly blew your head of with the taste hehe. :coffee:

But the best bit of the week was seeing waff and satan18 faces when i took them to see something i had spotted on a stall, it wasnt something that would fit in with my collection but i new would be right up there street, waffs jaw literally hit the floor, thought he was going to start foaming at the mouth any second :laugh: was really funny to watch they were like kids in a candy store.
it was nice to return the favour as he had sorted me out a really nice bazooka round so its good to see bocn members helping each other out.

from bazooka chris

Last edited:
Hello everyone ,just like to say ,i really enjoyed meeting many of you at Beltring yesterday afternoon and this morning ,my only regret is i didnt have time to chat to any of you properly as i was rushing here there and everywhere,got some really nice gifts from bocn members as well,,thank you for these ,now i will have to get a new bigger cabinet.
chris i had some of that rocket fuel or whatever it is yesterday,god its evil stuff...

Typical me..... Always missing the bloody posts by a week....tut!

Yeah,was happy days lads and it took me all the rest of my days off work to get back to a reasonable state of normality....
Ive posted elsewhere on a Beltring thread that it was great to see new faces as well as seeing the regulars again. :)
Long week but always worth it.

Rightyo,im off out for a well deserved pint or 5.
I doubt whether i can match the state i was in when i saw fuzeman last week lol!
I was staggering back from the bogs first thing in the morning and i saw John Carlin and his new assistant. Jonny says to me "Good god man!,your eyes look like p#ssholes in the snow!" lol!
That was the result of the first nights drinking with the Dutch meisters.

later

W

Last edited:
Thought id add this advice for anyone planning on camping there...
GET THERE EARLY AS YOU CAN
when i arrived i could only find one pitch available..it wasnt good ,thankfully lex had brought plenty of beer which helped.
pic taken by lex

Attachments

• 24072009422.jpg
    24072009422.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
hi guys

i seemed to somehow have missed both of you every time i saw waff he was like, you just missed such and such, only like a couple of minutes ago.
What was the odds on that i had been camping up there since tuesday, so it was nice to have met up with a lot of bocn members that i had never met before.
And as for waff being a bit hung over we all were steve especially after drinking the stuff ben bought with him, forgot the name but it was 50% volume evil stuff nearly blew your head of with the taste hehe. :coffee:

But the best bit of the week was seeing waff and satan18 faces when i took them to see something i had spotted on a stall, it wasnt something that would fit in with my collection but i new would be right up there street, waffs jaw literally hit the floor, thought he was going to start foaming at the mouth any second :laugh: was really funny to watch they were like kids in a candy store.
it was nice to return the favour as he had sorted me out a really nice bazooka round so its good to see bocn members helping each other out.

from bazooka chris

Hats of to you chris it was just perfect timing that you managed to find us
where we were,as those goodies would not have been around much longer.

:beer: Best phil

Hello everyone ,just like to say ,i really enjoyed meeting many of you at Beltring yesterday afternoon and this morning ,my only regret is i didnt have time to chat to any of you properly as i was rushing here there and everywhere,got some really nice gifts from bocn members as well,,thank you for these ,now i will have to get a new bigger cabinet.
chris i had some of that rocket fuel or whatever it is yesterday,god its evil stuff...

Likewise spotter Good to meet you amoungst all the chaos of the day

Best Satan

rocket fuel :xd:

I have one left guys will get some more for next year :xd:

Attachments

• SL389936.jpg
    SL389936.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7
Spott,i now know why i could not hear you that night for a meet up and a pint.
You werent kidding about how close to the noise you were pal. :(

W

Hi phil

Yes was perfect timing wasn't it, glad I could help you out, so it seems I found you lot a really rare fuse then ? so that was cool just remember me if you see any bazooka bits at the shows lol that's all I am really into fuses arnt my thing see it's good to help each other out as the saying goes what goes around comes around
yes allan definatly think it was some form of rocket fuel come unleaded mix lol

from bazooka chris