What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

War Zone: Castelldefels.

Grenademan2005

Hi all:
I know that this is an Ordnance site, but I find interesting to show you what happens when the nature says HELLO! In my 35 years of live I have never seen a wind like the past Saturday 24th January blew here. Andrew from Australia have seen in his country tv the news about what happened here. Maybe in other countries it has been showed by the tv too. I was in the center of the wind/hurricane. Later I will post some pics took with my camera today. My village seems a WWII battlefield after the battle.

Hi:
As promised some pics. Here in Castelldefels we have mountain and beach, both zones were very seriously damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_8724.jpg
    IMG_8724.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8726.jpg
    IMG_8726.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8730.jpg
    IMG_8730.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8735.jpg
    IMG_8735.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8739.jpg
    IMG_8739.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 23
More pics of the War Zone.

Attachments

• IMG_8740.jpg
    IMG_8740.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8741.jpg
    IMG_8741.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8742.jpg
    IMG_8742.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8745.jpg
    IMG_8745.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8744.jpg
    IMG_8744.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 10
Lasts shots. You can see the same things in all the villages around Barcelona.

Attachments

• IMG_8747.jpg
    IMG_8747.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8749.jpg
    IMG_8749.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8752.jpg
    IMG_8752.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8771.jpg
    IMG_8771.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8773.jpg
    IMG_8773.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
horrible pictures indeed, Miguel! I've heard in the tv-news some people has been killed under a collapsing roof?

hi Miguel, Man those pics really bring it home! Very similar to what was showen on TV here.
Its lucky there wernt more casualtys.
Looks like a big clean up operation will be ongoing for some time.
And aside from all the damage its a beautifull looking place.

Also if you think it may happen again send me your grenades for safe keeping ...its no problem..:tinysmile_twink_t:

Best Regards

Andrew from New Zealand! MG34NZ

horrible pictures indeed, Miguel! I've heard in the tv-news some people has been killed under a collapsing roof?

Yes, at Sant Boi, 5 kms far away from Castelldefels. 4 kids 10-12 years old when they were playing baseball inside the building because out was very dangerous due to the wind.... A "clever" man said for go to inside the building. Few minutes later the roof flew and the wall collapsed. Two of the damaged houses are clients of mine. When the trees were removed I will start to work for repair water, gas, phone and power.

hi Miguel, Man those pics really bring it home! Very similar to what was showen on TV here.
Its lucky there wernt more casualtys.
Looks like a big clean up operation will be ongoing for some time.
And aside from all the damage its a beautifull looking place.

Also if you think it may happen again send me your grenades for safe keeping ...its no problem..:tinysmile_twink_t:

Best Regards

Andrew from New Zealand! MG34NZ

Yes, in Castelldefels we have beach and mountains, we are close to Barcelona, to the airport, but it is an expensive place for live with so much people. I like more the Belgian Ardenen, the weather is worst than here, but it is a megabeautiful place, the people is very kind and the food.... ah the food, it is excellent. And close to all the European militaria fairs!
Thanks for your offer, but my bedroom is like a German bunker, dont worry about.

Last edited: