What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wartime Bomb Disposal

satan18

These are some grainie old reprints that i have but are still very
interesting to me.

The 250 on the chain hoist came from Edmonton London and has the caption
Fuse 17B with Zus 40 Attached.

The Satan also came from Edmonton London and was captioned
Kenmare Gardens.

And lastly a few miles from my house a"Herman" in Lynford Gardens,Ilford
Essex.

I suspect these pictures are genuine but much later black and white reprints as they are not very crisp,or from the negative unless they have been blown up to big.

Attachments

• Wartime Bomb Disposal 001.jpg
    Wartime Bomb Disposal 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Wartime Bomb Disposal 002.jpg
    Wartime Bomb Disposal 002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Wartime Bomb Disposal 003.jpg
    Wartime Bomb Disposal 003.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 119
Hi Phil,

Extremely nice photos you have there, like the first one with the shot of the fuze as well, thats quite an unusual combination-bomb and removed fuze in same shot!! You can almost feel the sense of relief by all in the photos. Thanks for posting them.

I would love to get some original period photos of the SD2's but guess thats quite unlikely, but you can always hope!!!

regards
Kev

Hi Phil,

Extremely nice photos you have there, like the first one with the shot of the fuze as well, thats quite an unusual combination-bomb and removed fuze in same shot!! You can almost feel the sense of relief by all in the photos. Thanks for posting them.

I would love to get some original period photos of the SD2's but guess thats quite unlikely, but you can always hope!!!

regards
Kev

Thanks Kev
I just love these old pics but do suspect they have been blown up many times as the pics of the day would have only been small,like one or two of my german pictures.
I bet there are a few original Butterfly bomb pictures lurking around somewhere.

Best phil

These are some grainie old reprints that i have but are still very
interesting to me.

The 250 on the chain hoist came from Edmonton London and has the caption
Fuse 17B with Zus 40 Attached.

The Satan also came from Edmonton London and was captioned
Kenmare Gardens.

And lastly a few miles from my house a"Herman" in Lynford Gardens,Ilford
Essex.

I suspect these pictures are genuine but much later black and white reprints as they are not very crisp,or from the negative unless they have been blown up to big.

They were used in Captain Hunt's Bombs and Booby Traps book