What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch out for these fake law rocket

The coupler is definitely wrong. The counterfeiter evidently didn't have an original to go by.

Jolly
Same deal. Tube is good but round is a cobbled fake just like the one in the thread

Last edited:
I was able to reach my friend that knows the business in question. As I hear it, the business now belongs to the son, who isn't thought to be a vetran either. The original owner isn't a vetran, he is a retired fireman.

My friend also mentioned that someone should call the guy on the carpet about it, and the fake LAW rocket.

Already did sent him and e-mail aug 9th prior to starting thread
see below

As and avid and knowledgeable ordnance collector it pains me to see such a blatant
attempt to rip off the unsuspecting buying public
The law rocket you are selling for $495.00 is a complete fake
http://www.cdvs.us/66mm-inert-law-rocket-P1301.aspx
THE ROCKET MOTOR IS THE ONLY THING ORIGINAL
THE FUZE SECTION IS A PLASTIC ADAPTER TO CONNECT THE
HEAD OF AN M31 RIFLE GRENADE TO THE MOTOR
I HAVE PROVIDED YOU A PICTURE OF A REAL 66MM LAW ROCKET
REGARDS

his reply

Thank you for the information.
C.D.V.S.
Sean Omsted
(509) 5359486 Fax: (509) 534-3352
www.cdvs.us

Doubt anything will change

Last edited:
Like father like son. My friend was thinking that the son would never get the father paid off when he took over the business.

I'm not sure who to contact in regards to getting Veterans' organizations to put the heat on him for the "Disabled Combat Vetran" claim.

Mght want to start with the Better Business Bureau in that state
Heck contact any VFW and let them know the scoop I bet they would put some heat on it

Agreed. The local VFW or DAV.

Thanks to this thread I've been able to add two more names to my list of "Who's who to watch out for."
One from whats posted and one through a pm generated here.
I hope my hint on here was also taken.

Last edited:
Yes but the warhead and motor are correct
Finding a fuze section for a law is damn near impossible
I'd buy it because you can always get a dummy fuze closure turned

John,

As Ordman has said, yes the coupler is fake. This one looks like the plastic ones that Walt out of Tucson had made up to go on all the motors and warheads he found in a scrap yard about 28 years ago in the Phoenix area, where Talley had scrapped them out. The gray plastic is the giveaway.

And yet another one shows up at some rediculous price
http://oldguns.net/catho.htm check out the
**NEW ADDITION** 21922 SCARCE M72 LAW for $425.00
even comes with and EOD INERT sticker applied
begining to wonder if the one from CDVS made it's way to old guns

Having dealt with "oldguns" for a number of years, I brought the discrepancy on his LAW rocket to his attention. Note that changes have been made in the listing as well as price. He's a straight up dude and does not intentionally mislead the potential buyers.

slick I've delt with them to Isent them a message about the round but it never made it damn net went down
good to see the listing updated he's definitly a square dealer