What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well they all didn't get sold!!!!

Dronic69

Premium Member
Hi All,

Here's one of my favourite rounds - it's a WW1 German Aircraft Becker HE round. Both the case and projectile are dated 1917 - check out the markings on the base of the projectile - there's 3 x Crowns with "F" underneath.

Enjoy!
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3273.jpg
    DSCN3273.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN3277.jpg
    DSCN3277.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN3280.jpg
    DSCN3280.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN3281.jpg
    DSCN3281.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN3287.jpg
    DSCN3287.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 90
Hi Drew,
Thats a nice round, i have always been partial to those Becker rounds and have a couple in my collection. They don't seem to come up very often, you had a good find there. Thanks for showing us, Best regards Weasel.

Hi Weasel - glad to hear that someone else is also "partial" to these!

I've had it for a long time - and haven't come across another since (but then I do led a sheltered life!!!! LOL).

I can't remember which type is harder to find these days - is it the HE or AP version?
(not that i'm looking now - just fuses now..... :tinysmile_twink_t2:!)

The Gentleman who I originally acquired it from though it was an early WW2 German MG 151/20 aircraft round - so did I for years :tinysmile_cry_t:

Glad that we were both wrong!
Cheers
Drew