What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are these?

Motiztab

First I have two of these, one very flat and this.
I was dismissing this from having a military connection untill obtaining a second today even if its flat. Both came out of the sea, understood from old firing range's.

Also from the same area is this cone shaped item, its about the same size as a 20mm shell case its made of brass but so far i have not found any markings.

If your looking for a image with some reference points both items can be seen in my first post of today.

Attachments

• DSCF2893.JPG
    DSCF2893.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF2895.JPG
    DSCF2895.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF2894.JPG
    DSCF2894.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF2896.JPG
    DSCF2896.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF2891.JPG
    DSCF2891.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 59
Fuze covers.

As Hicky says pictures 1 to 4 are Fuze protectors for Fuzes like Number 390 and the like all of which are secured by a shaped band over the largest diameter of the fuze.

The last item could be a copper jacketed Projectile for something like a 50 cal BMG or possibly the "Slug" from a fired HEAT round although the shape is too uniform-
What size is it ?
Is it magnetic ??

Is it solid ?
What material is it made of?
:hmmmm2:

Fuze cover for 390

Cannot seem to be able to add a picture, so will have to do so here.

Fuze cover for Number 390 Fuze circa 1970

Attachments

• 390 FUZE CVR.JPG
    390 FUZE CVR.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 10
fuze cover

could be a fuze No.199 cover from WWII. very similar would need to check sizes etc against 'good' ones. 2pr