What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did Santa bring ????

bazooka chris

Well Christmas is nearly over for another year
so I thought I would do a what did Santa bring you type post.
Anybody get anything good from Santa ?

From bazooka chris

nothing ordnace related from family, as no one would know what to buy.
I did get-
box set of ''world at war'',
a remote control panzer tank! yes tank! i'm a big kid,it smokes and rumbles and moves along err like a tank!
A few tops and some smellie stuff.
I tell folk not to get me anything as i think its for kids and i dont want folk wasting money on me as i havent much money myself.

The best gift i did receive in the post was from Grapeshot,it was a ww1 citroen grenade,i'm going to restore it.
Its my favorite gift,as its from someone i havent met and he went to the trouble of sending me something out of the blue,it really is the thought that counts.
Thanks Jim

happy times to all

citron foug

nothing ordnace related from family, as no one would know what to buy.
I did get-
box set of ''world at war'',
a remote control panzer tank! yes tank! i'm a big kid,it smokes and rumbles and moves along err like a tank!
A few tops and some smellie stuff.
I tell folk not to get me anything as i think its for kids and i dont want folk wasting money on me as i havent much money myself.

The best gift i did receive in the post was from Grapeshot,it was a ww1 citroen grenade,i'm going to restore it.
Its my favorite gift,as its from someone i havent met and he went to the trouble of sending me something out of the blue,it really is the thought that counts.
Thanks Jim

happy times to all

Happy Christmas 18 pounder,
Good to see your new addition to family.
Good old grapeshot gave you a Citron Foug, nice present. If it's of any help I restored one, (cheaply), not long ago. Have a look under Grenades, page 3. I've put pictures there as well.
Happy new year.
navyman.

I treated myself to this ~

American Ordnance Co 1 Pdr. Heavy (37x136) 45/70 subcal round, Circa 1894-1903

Attachments

• 1pdr.H-45:70subcal-a.jpg
    1pdr.H-45:70subcal-a.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 1pdr.H-45:70subcal-c.jpg
    1pdr.H-45:70subcal-c.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 1pdr.H-45:70subcal-d.jpg
    1pdr.H-45:70subcal-d.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I got a nice new 12 mega pixel camera so now i will be able to take some top quality pics of my grenades.( my old camera was only 2 mega pixels)
first pic will be in the grenade section in a moment.
Cheers, Paul.

also got a camera from the wife,,so no excuses for poor quality pics anymore

Happy Christmas 18 pounder,
Good to see your new addition to family.
Good old grapeshot gave you a Citron Foug, nice present. If it's of any help I restored one, (cheaply), not long ago. Have a look under Grenades, page 3. I've put pictures there as well.
Happy new year.
navyman.
hello navyman
my citron foug needs quite abit doig to it,quite pitted.
i like yours you have done a good job.
hopefully mine will look like your but blue.
thanks for the link

doug

xmas presents

my son got a aerial bomb and a ww2 german gas mask with the name w.hoffmann brilliant condtion can anyone tell me more about them find pics attached merry xmas and a happy new year

Attachments

• bullets 129.jpg
    bullets 129.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27
  • bullets 130.jpg
    bullets 130.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 26
  • bullets 131.jpg
    bullets 131.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 25
  • bullets 132.jpg
    bullets 132.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
I got a awful hang over, nothing ordnance wise, but i think i enjoyed myself ! well i was told i did ?

No ordnance here either :tinysmile_cry_t2: but a couple of nice books on 19-20th C British coast defences, a little side interest of mine.

Hi Tony
I have an interest in the channel islands defences , myself

I've got only this one.
it's looking quite well, but smells a little bit strange :tinysmile_cry_t4:

Attachments

• Truefitt&Hill.jpg
    Truefitt&Hill.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 20
I too did not get any new grenades for Christmas, but my father gave me a very nice 1911 that was made in 1918.
Gus