What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What sort of bomb fuze is this?

SG500

Premium Member
I've just spent a while going through fuzemans excellent write up on German Bomb fuzes but to be honest are slightly out of my comfort zone here.
Having just read a book all about bomb disposal in the War I thought it was time to buy a fuze.
What sort is it and what sort of bomb would it go in?
What's the black stuff on it that goes all over everything? Is it worth cleaning it off or is that a must have for fuze collectors?
How do you take it to bits? Does it unscrew in the middle or do I need to work on the rings at the base.
Sorry about all the dull questions, its a bit of a steep learning curve with this one.
Ta,
Dave.

Attachments

• New shells 047.jpg
    New shells 047.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 104
  • New shells 048.jpg
    New shells 048.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 80
  • New shells 049.jpg
    New shells 049.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 90
As i see it Dave,the black stuff is just the paint covering.
Its a nice delay fuze,type 28A used for anti-shipping work/bunker-busting?(manuals stowed away at the moment) Im sure the lads will confirm. :)
I wouldnt bother unscrewing the ring at the bottom as the insides might be corroded after all these years and would ruin it.

best

waff

Last edited:
ElAZ 28 A

What I have, if interested. Always in french, evidently !

Yoda

Attachments

• ElAZ28A-01.JPG
    ElAZ28A-01.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ElAZ28A-02.JPG
    ElAZ28A-02.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 63