What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what type of Panzergranate was used with the 15xx 104 M38 (t) ?

pzgr40/42

Hello,

Does someone has any references on the type of Panzegranate used on the 15 X 104 M38 (t) steel casing of German manufacture?
The Pz Leuchtspur and Pz Ph types as used with the 15 X 101 (and 15 X 96) are too narrow.
I was wondering wether or not the Tsjech type of AP projectie might have been loaded on the steel "104" case.

Thanks in advance

Menno

Last edited:
Hi Menno,
the czech projectiles were fixed in the case over the driving band. The diameter is therefore too large to hold the german projectile. Attached please see the content of MDv 170/73.

So only czech projectiles were loaded on 104mm long cases.
In the archive in Brno (MZA) is a document called: Abnahmebedingungen für Munition "Z" Kal. 15 mm mit Stahlhülse. It lists the PL, PLV, P (armour piercing), N and C rounds. All pre war czech design.

Bob

Attachments

• 15mm Fla Mg 39 t.png
    15mm Fla Mg 39 t.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hey Bob,

Just Read your reply on WK2 AMMO too!
That would seem to settle my initial question!

However one question rises now: was the 15 mm Gun Always referred to as M39 regardless the round ( 101 or 104) it fired?
Because all the "101" cases I have (steel only, no brass) are marked M39 and all "104" (both brass and steel) are marked M38.

Thanks for your Help, much appreciated!!

Regards, Menno.

Hi Menno,
I cannot say if all brass cases were marked M38.
The M38 designation could be on the ammo originaly exported or manufactured for Yugoslavia.

Production numbers are here: http://forum.valka.cz/topic/view/32150/CZK-ZB-60

The MG38 or FlaMG39 is IMHO gun or mount related.

As You can see tha marine manual lists both types of ammunition for the FlaMG 39 (t) the Lübeck type in an amendment. It could fire both length of cartridges as the position of the shoulder of the cartridge was unchanged.

I am sure there was an article on this ammo in the czech ECRA Bulletin I habe to look it up.

Bob