What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what you find in webbing!

allgss

this was recently found in a job lot of 37 and 58 pattern webbing bought at the last Leeds show, this was in one of the pouch's, for the SLR I believe ?

Attachments

• grenlauncher001.jpg
    grenlauncher001.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 98
  • grenlauncher001a.jpg
    grenlauncher001a.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 65
I believe that this adapter was used with the L2 HE grenade but no doubt greater minds than mine on here will keep us on the right track.

Is this launcher subject to FAC? Obviously this only applies if allgss is in the UK.

Falcon - there was some specific guidance that came from the ACPO/HO Firearms Consultative Committee a while back regarding these launchers. Rather than make an ill informed post now I will check the back reports when I get into my office sometime tomorrow! Unless anyone else has the answer!

As an aside comment - The British Army has a time honoured system of making declarations when leaving the range following any form of live firing, along the lines of " I have no live rounds or empty cases in my possession Sir (or Ma'am to be PC)" this obviously doesnt mean " I have no parts or fixtures for the weapon I have been firing that I have forgotten to hand in - such as grenade launchers, blank firing adapters or sub-calibre adapters."
The ex Brit Army (of a certain age) will understand " I have no rockets in my pockets or Wombats in my combats Sir"

Is this launcher subject to FAC? Obviously this only applies if allgss is in the UK.

I should imagine it will be, but I do not own it.

I would think by now it will have been deactivated anyway by the owner, there was also a blank 7.62 cartridge that was half black at the bottom which I believe is the blank cartridge to fire the projectile and also a circular rubber pad which I presume you put under the butt

Last edited:
The Launcher is a L1A2 for use with the L1A1 rifle. It was designed for use with the No. 94 ENERGA AT Grenade and also with L2 fitted to the L1A1 adapter.

The small rubber plug is probably the plug from the No. 94 grenade, thats where the blank was stored in transit. One AT Grenade and one Grenade blank.

If the owner doesn't want either I will look after them in New Zealand :-D

There was a pouch fitted to the right ammo pouch in 58 patt webbing that was the usual resting place for my KFS (Knife/Fork/Spoon). I was told it was for an Energa but It wasn't til this thread that I found out what it was :D

legal status of projector

I should imagine it will be, but I do not own it.

I would think by now it will have been deactivated anyway by the owner, there was also a blank 7.62 cartridge that was half black at the bottom which I believe is the blank cartridge to fire the projectile and also a circular rubber pad which I presume you put under the butt

There is some recent caselaw on projectors for grenades and there was a conviction as recently as 2006 where the defendant was sucessfully prosecuted for possession of an article subject to Sect 5 of the Firearms Act. The article was however a Burns cup type discharger but the effect of this decision has been accepted by the Forensic Science Service and ACPO as being guidance for all projectors. Another recent case saw the defendant being charged with unlawful possession of a component part of a firearm and subject to Sect 1 of the Act. This charge was thrown out as it was contrary to the earlier stated case (oops CPS got it wrong!). So thats where we are with projectors. De-activation would be sensible ( it should be done in accordance with guidelines from the Proof Houses and then certified and stamped by one of the establishments .