What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did it go?

V40

I was wondering about the SRAM Missille and what ever happened to it. I remember reading allot of info on it in Air Force Magazine then it just seemed like it went away?

John and JO,

Do you know anything about it? I am very interested in its history and if had been drooped in favour of another missle. I also believe that it was meant to be fired from a B-1 bomber.

The AGM-69A SRAM was fielded to replace the AGM-28 Hound Dog. It was a nuclear air to ground missile to be carried on the B-52, B-1 or F111 bombers. It was fielded about 1972 with production ceasing in 1975. In the late 1970's the AGM-69B began development, but the program was cancelled in 1978. The AGM-131 SRAM II was brought into being in 1981, but it was also cancelled in 1991. The AGM-69A was officially taken out of service in 1993 because of safety concerns. It was not officially replaced by anything, but by default the Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) did replace it.