What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the REAL eBay idiot?

In the succinct words of Homer Simpson - Doh!!!!

This is the best comment in the list:

"Honestly, i would have returned the money... i know it was a mistake and i know $26000 means a lot of things for anyone... projects, plans, dreams, health assurance for the family, college for the kids.. I would definitely return the money."

Even though the seller categorically states "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS."

Cliff
Who would you return it to?
The seller most likely purchased the safe elsewhere and as
many e-bayers was selling it for what he could get over the original purchase price.
If he was stupid enough not to open it and see if it was empty to begin with
I think finders keepers applies here.

Cliff
Who would you return it to?
The seller most likely purchased the safe elsewhere and as
many e-bayers was selling it for what he could get over the original purchase price.
If he was stupid enough not to open it and see if it was empty to begin with
I think finders keepers applies here.

That's my point. I wouldn't return it! As the seller stated "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS."

The onus would have been on the seller to check the safe, who the hell sells a locked safe without first getting it opened? and surely, even getting it professionally opened he could have sold it for more money AND he would have found the contents! He could have had a win/win.........

C