What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose Fuze?

FNG61

3" tall x 2 1/4 wide. Just needs a little polishing to restore it to original condition. No idea of the who or when. The marks for the switch choices are M, O or V. Markings that can be made out on the opposite side are; 7'5cm M32 (possibly it is a 2 but smeared so cant say for sure) next marks are also kind of smeared but may be M32 38. Any information? Thankyou.

Attachments

• mystery fuze 2.JPG
    mystery fuze 2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 69
  • mystery fuze .JPG
    mystery fuze .JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 61
fuse identification

m -O- V gives info on the origin : Germany!

7'5 = caliber 7.5 cm

32 or 38 shouls be M33

looks like a kl. A.Z. 23 Nb :angel:

Hope this will help you!

Best regards,

Diver

German fuze

Hi FNG61,

Strange marking on your fuze !
M, O, V indicate a german selector for SQ or Delay functionning on impact.
What I can see on the pics let me thinking on an Kl.A.Z.32 (Pr). If you can see inside your fuze, verify if the mechanism is not contain in bakelite cover.
It can not be a normal KlAZ23 because this is in 2 pieces and yours is build in one piece.
It can not be a Nb (Nebel - smoke) because the Nb have no selector.

Now, the more strange for me is the marking. The serie AZ23 was using after the WW II, it can be a fuze of this era. Germany made also fuzes for export after the war.
The marking "M3?" is not a german marking, modern german munitions are marked as "DMxxx" for Deuts Model.

Where is your fuze coming from ? It's probably the marking of a country who used an export model of Kl.A.Z.23 (Pr).

That's my meaning.

Yoda

info on kl. AZ 23 Nb

Hello Yoda,

According to Pawlas the fuse should be in alluminium and what's more: just one piece.
M33 could mean Mundlochgewinde (thread size).

This doesn't mean that you couldn't be right on the export issue!

Interesting discussion anyway :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Attachments

• kl AZ 23 Nb.pdf
    143.3 KB · Views: 49
that's an austrian M.32 percussion fuze:

(Austrian Name: "7,5 cm M.32 adjustierter Granatznder")

Attachments

• 7,5 cm M.32.png
    7,5 cm M.32.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: