What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2ammo *******

kz11gr

:ciao:

Who knows how to access WK2AMMO archives ?
Save of the pictures database on the web ? Or some private save ?

It was a great source of information.

Thank you

wayback machine? I would not know any other way as I understand the owner has removed the server.

Its a shame all the content and effort from all the members has just been lost.
However, I very much doubt that is the case, as every systems administrator I've worked with has a backup in some form or another, so it would just be a matter of persuading the owner.
JMHO, Rich

The big problem with the Wk2ammo was that the yaer prior to it's end I was one of the few regular contributers, for the rest it was like a library for shure... a library without anybody in.
The BOCN started small, but at a certain moment we saw all members of the Wk2 as regular members over here, as this site was more "cosy".
But for shure it's a pitty the site disapperared. I'll contact Marcel who knows the owner and I'll try to get his E-mail adress so if anybody is interedted in taking over.... maybe merge the site with this site?

I've been posting on wk2amo too... The closing was a real shame.
The question is, isn't it time not to have a "plan B", when the domain owner decides to close down again out of nowhere and make all posts irreversibly inaccessible.
Akon

For me , the best would be to restore the site (from the last save) . And to let it only in mode "read/view" as an archive .