What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would like help to identify this fuze

DreamPhoto

This is erhardt type fuze. I`m not sure which manufacture is !
Any see something similar ?
Thank you!

Attachments

• Shrapnel fuze.jpg
    Shrapnel fuze.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Shrapnel fuze 2.jpg
    Shrapnel fuze 2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 81
the fuze

I gave it all I could muster, and no help here, hope you find out, I can think of a few it resembles, but that's all, Dano

Hi
The data say that it could be an Austrian manufactoring but sure used by german in north france since WW1
I've found one HE an one Shrapnel
HE have the KZ 11 Gr and Shrapnel this DE fuze noted Geb

Long time

For an old Fuze that is an awful long time can be selected-80 seconds !
I know the velocity was a lot slower but that is one loooooooooong time after firing-was it realistic or just put on for show ?

Thank you for effort guy !
Reason why this fuze interst my self is that very similar fuze have Serbian army in WWI ,for their Schneider field gun M-1907 and 1907A cal. 75 mm.
Only difference is in time ring graduations and metal of fuze, Serbian fuze graduated 5500 meters and build of aluminium not of brass.
Note cirilic stamps V. F. in combination with latinic. Geb. on this fuze !
Maybe Bulgarian ?

Attachments

• Fuze M-1911.jpg
    Fuze M-1911.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 50
fuze

This fuze looks strikingly similar to austro-hungarian fuse of WW1 on passion-compassion site (other countries fuzes) Dano

Thank you Dano, but I personally have big collection of austro-hungarian fuze and I exclude this possibility.
I guess that this fuze is Bulgarian between two wars, but I`m not sure.
Regards,
Bane

the Fuze

Hi Bane, I checked a ton of sources, and did find similarities to others but nothing exact. All I can absolutely tell you about that fuze is that it is none too common.At first I thought it was WW2 because I got caught up in the seconds to meters deal also. Bulgarian sounds cool, as I have no sources on Bulgarian WW1 fuzes as I do have on their grenades. Very awesome and interesting fuze. Cheers. Dano

Last edited: