What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 British 6Inch Shrapnel With No.101 Fuse?

Matthew Lawton

Hi Guys
I have a 6Inch Shrapnel with a No.101 fuse. I haven't seen one like this before.
Is it correct ????
I have felt the internals of the shell and it is the correct thin walled head. I thought someone may have mixed a 6inch He and 6Inch Shrap together but they cannot have done as the top is definitely shrapnel but with a thread and fitting for a No.101 fuse.
Pic attached
Best regards and thanks in advance
Matthew Lawton
MJLmilitaria

IMG_1796 2.JPG

Hi Matthew,

The shell looks exactly the same as the 6inch shrapnel shell I used to own (Which as Andy mentioned had a No.83 fuze). The only difference is that your one has a 101 fuze which still uses the standard 2 inch thread. Was the shell found with the 101 in place? If not then since the shell looks correct, it's just a case of someone screwing the incorrect fuze into it.

HI Guys
Once again thanks
I think the wrong fuse has been put in. That how i recieved it so i will put in a No.83 so it will be correct.
Thanks once again.
Best regards
Matthew