What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 French 7,5 cm HE projectile

ehre_treue

account suspended
Here is another of my finds that I decided to section and restore. I was able to save both of the fuze wells seen in the pictures. The fuze is another battle field find that i manipulated to fit on the projectile. I am still looking for a cone with complete fuze to put on top of this projectile, as i had to cut the other one off during the restoration process. Or if someone can tell me the proper fuze for this projectile I could use one out of my collection. Let me know what you think. The casing was purchased seperately as an afterthought to complete the display. Any input or advice is welcome.

_DSC0038.jpg
DSC_0001 (2).jpg

Hello ehre_treue,

Your sectioned French 75mm HE displays very nicely, congratulations! The French 24/31 Mle Model 1914 point detonation fuze you have on the projectile is correct for the shell. The photograph is from the wonderful PASSION/COMPASSION WWI website.

Best regards,

Randall

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 34