What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 French Citron Foug

I did some work on this one today. After about 2 hours of cleaning up frag grooves with a bastard file I painted the body with acrylic blue slate, then sanded with worn 100 grit papre to give it a bit of age. At that point I got a little impatient so I kind of "slopped" a fuze together. Will redo fuze as time allows...Dano

art paints

Thanks Andy and Jens. The paints I use my wife gave me as she used to paint ceramics with them. There are about 60 tubes and all are flat acryllic and just work great on grenades. Rarely have to mix as there is just about all colors. This one is slate blue. What is strange the paint for the F1 and the Citron Foug are from the same tube, yet the Foug is a tad lighter. Kind of debating on whether or not to put a clear coat on top. It looks good but has that fake look.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 430.jpg
    Picture 430.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 429.jpg
    Picture 429.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 432.jpg
    Picture 432.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hi Foubar, Thanks for the nice compliment. I haven't seen your name before so welcome to BOCN and good collecting. What is your main area of collecting interest? Best to you and yours...Dano

Last edited:
Hi Foubar, Thanks for the nice compliment. I haven't seen your name before so welcome to BOCN and good collecting. What is your main area of collecting interest? Best to you and yours...Dano

dont actually collect much.
I'm just interested in the advancement of technology during wartime and how it transfers to civilian society.
A good exaple is the mobile phone.
Ww1 tech is really facinating to me.
I'm more interested in how stuff works than collecting it.

I do like your work though.There is some really good posts in the restoration section.Some of the painting and restorations are really professional looking.
You seem to be the only one restoring at the moment,have you seen 18Pdrs stuff?
I make military models,so i suppose we can be of use to each other.
thankyou

World War One fascinates me from the tech aspect. Advancements were made by leaps and bounds as the war progressed. The grenade is a classic example when you compare the crude grenades early in the war against what the combatents were using as the war closed, the difference is night and day. It seems that WW1 contained its own industrial revolution. I could go on and on, but I think we get the picture. I have no family ties to WW1 except ex in-laws so it is purely a preferential thing...Dano