What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 German 77mm C-Geschoss shell

DICKAREN

Just been looking through the rusty stuff in the garage and came across this WW1 German 77mm C-Geschoss streamlined shell which I brought back from France a few years ago. Thought I might try restoring it but need an E.K.Z 16C fuze for it. I don't suppose anybody out there has one they want to sell.
Richard

Attachments

• 77mm C-Geschoss 001.jpg
    77mm C-Geschoss 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 69
you are sure german WW1 !

Hi richard you are sure this is a german ww1 77mm round ??
i am not sure because of the guiding ring and the slightly V-Shape down !!
For me it looks more as an WW2 round maybe german !!

But i am open to learn also pls help me with this !!

best regards David

Hi Dave,
I am sure it is a C-Geschoss. Both Germany and France developed streamlined shells during WW1.
Richard

Hi Richard,
That looks almost identical to a projectile i purchased a few years ago and that was seated in a 77mm WW1 case. I was unsure if it was correct or not due to the streamlined base, does anyone have any drawings or photographs that they can post of WW1 german streamlined shells of this type and size.
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Richard,
That looks almost identical to a projectile i purchased a few years ago and that was seated in a 77mm WW1 case. I was unsure if it was correct or not due to the streamlined base, does anyone have any drawings or photographs that they can post of WW1 german streamlined shells of this type and size.
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Weasel,
My scanner is not working at present but this shell is in the German artillery manuals. Perhaps somebody can post.
Richard

ok

ok i am always happy to learn anything it would be realy cool when anyone got a drawing of this shell !!

best regards David