What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 Grenade Images of Interest

AB_BSM

Came across the attached images when trawling through some old WW1 books today that I thought would be of interest to some of the members. The smaller one could do with a good caption....Regards....Rod

Attachments

• Granade001.jpg
    Granade001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Granade002.jpg
    Granade002.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 56
hairbrush perard

Great images Rod, thanks for showing. In the first pic, grenade #2 is the smaller German WWI hairbrush petard which is one tough critter to get. The one I have is one I made myself because i've never been fortunate enough to come across one before...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40
Dano given all this time (since WW1) and the composition of the original I think you would have a better chance of winning the lottery but best of luck in any case. Must admit I like to view some of these old pics showing us how it was done in those days. Anyway thanks for the comment and here are a couple more you may be interested in....Rod

Attachments

• Granade3.jpg
    Granade3.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Granade4.jpg
    Granade4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 31
Yessirrebob

Yeah Rod, I really enjoy wwI era images in particular those portraying ordnance. if you go back some time I posted several WWi ordnance related images. I forget the thread title, but I think collecting the pictures, postcards and stereoview cards would make a great sub collection...Dano

small n box

Also Rod, I wanted to add. Many examples of the larger German hairbrush "box petard" exist in collections and they are no better made than their small hairbrush counterpart. I just think the smaller one was made in lesser numbers and though I have never seen one, It is a small world and i'm sure they exist. Would give my right nut to find one. In this hobby the hunt is the juice (at least for me) and i'm sure one will turn up. I am lucky enough to have owned one of the larger box petards at one time (had to sell it for personal reasons) and having had it at one time nixes my desire to have another. Aah, but the little bugger, now that's a different story.....Dano

Mate, eloquently put!!!! Know the feeling. Doing a book on Military Transport and there is always an elusive image or snippet of info.....Regards....Rod

Demo grenades WWI

Hi Rod, This is my favorite of all time, though I wish it were a clearer image..Dano

Attachments

• mmm.jpg
    mmm.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 41