What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 Army camps

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi Just wondering if anybody could help, i am trying to trace my late uncles moverments he was in the 4th suffolks in WW2 and joind in 1939 and was posted all round England untill posted overseas in 1941 to singapore , i have contacted the regiment and there been very helpfull,but only give a brief out line where he was in England, in one of his letters home he said he was staying 6 miles from brighton do any of our members know of any camps in that area, any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Andy

Andy - possibly Shoreham. It is 6 miles from Brighton and was a huge camp during WW1 and I think also used in WW2. The best bet is to check the Regiments War Diary at the National Archive. I live in Sussex and am curious about this. I am visiting the TNA next week and I will check for you. Can you give some of his details: name, rank, number?

Thanks Khanmak, sounds possable it could be the one, i have been in touch with the suffolk regiment and they have given me the ref no to look for so will PM you his details, but i expect its a big file as it spans nearly three years,any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Andy