What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German Bakelite Zunderbuchse

batonroundcollector

Premium Member
I've seen these with 1, 2 and 3 embossed on top (opposite end to screw cap) of containers described as being for 88mm fuzes - what do these numbers correspond to (type of fuze contained within maybe, and embossed for identification by touch in the dark)?

Last edited:
I don't know what the differences are between Zunderbuchse 1, 2 or 3, but here are some pictures of Zunderbuchse 2, so people can get an idea of what they look like.

Attachments

• Zunderbuchse 2 (1).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Zunderbuchse 2 (2).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (2).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Zunderbuchse 2 (3).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (3).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Zunderbuchse 2 (4).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (4).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Zunderbuchse 2 (5).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (5).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Zunderbuchse 2 (6).jpg
    Zunderbuchse 2 (6).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
That's them :) Is that one missing the bakelite insert at the far end (unsure if this was only fitted for certain fuzes etc)?

This is how I received the Zunderbuchse 2 and if a bakelite insert is missing from it I wouldn't know what one looks like :hmmmm:

Last edited:
I may be wrong because many years passed since there was the same question in another forum. But I think they had different inserts for different fuze lenghts for Zt.Z.S/30 shape, I.Gr.Z.23 shape and maybe A.Z.35k shape.

That sounds about right!

This is how I received the Zunderbuchse 2 and if a bakelite insert is missing from it I wouldn't know what one looks like :hmmmm:

From what I remember of mine, which I no longer have, it had a small cup-shaped piece glued (I think) in at the far end, presumably then sized to hold the corresponding fuze in snugly.