What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German PA-89c Fuze

oktato

Premium Member
Hi,
Can anyone tell me more about this fuze?
It is marked PA-89c-43 and has a waffenamt stamp with the number 358.
The scale on the upper part goes from 0 to 38.
It measures approximately 4.5" (12cm) from top to bottom.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Gary

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

A Dixi fuze, please see pic.
Used on 7,5cm Sprgr Patr 28 captured french AAA

Attachments

• Dixi.png
    Dixi.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Brilliant!
Thanks for the quick identification!
I bought the fuze in Budapest, so is it possible to know if this type of ammunition would have been used in Hungary?
Thanks again,
Gary

Hi Gary,
to my knowlege the Hungarian AA guns used Junghans and Krupp-Thiel clockwork fuzes.
Our Hungarian friends will have the answer, I am sure.
Captured materiel traveled a lot during ww2 and todays collectors travel even more :)

Bob

Bob,

Do you know if the PA-89c-43 means anything. I thought it might be the LOT CODE, but that can't be right. Is it another nomenclature? The cutaway image you posted shows M39A, which is what I am assuming the nomenclature for the fuze to be.

Joe

The nomenclature oh the fuze 30/45 Mle 39 (GPA), i also think the PA-89c-43 is the lot number I think our French friends can help with that.

I thought LOT CODE as well, but the only PA code I have on file is Picatinney Arsenal here in the US.

Joe

Hi,

It's a french fuze from 1939 : FUSEE DETONATEUR FUSANTE MECANIQUE DE 30/45 MM MODELE 1939 (G.P.A.) for DCA, 75mm HE Mle 1928, designed to replace the 30/45 Mle 1930.
Most of these fuzes were made after the french defeat, by the french for the german.

PA is also STE COMMENTRY-FOURCHAMBAULT ET DECAZEVILLE, PAMIERS, FRANCE

Regards,

S.

Here are pictures out from the "L.Dv.4403 Munition der 7,5cm Flak M36(f), M33(f), M30(f) und M17-34(f) 1943".

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_8.jpg
    Zuschneiden_8.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Zuschneiden_9.jpg
    Zuschneiden_9.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 41
Here a picture of the fuze.

Attachments

• 02 - Projectile Obus de 75mm explosive modele 1928 D.C.A.JPG
    02 - Projectile Obus de 75mm explosive modele 1928 D.C.A.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 30