What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWI bayonets acquired through trade

Was at Alamo Military Collectables and brought some misc. leftover Vietnam stuff with me to trade. What I ended up with is these 3 WWI bayonets. One is for the U.S. Springfield marked US 32208 on one side and 1906 SA and the flaming bomb on the other. One is a Turkish all metal ersatz WWI bayonet, and the other for the Italian Carcano. I did not picture the scabbards as they do nothing for me. Next to the ordnance I like the bayonets and trench knives....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 133.jpg
    Picture 133.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 36
Very nice. I used to collect bayonets many years ago. I still have one WW1 bayonet left and that is US, very similar to your top one, except mine is made by Remington 1917.

Hi Dan,

Great bayonets!!! Like pointblank I used to also have a small collection of bayonets (~35) but they were "downsized" a long time ago when I started focusing on just ordnance.

I've kept one as well - a Remington P14 for the .303 calibre P14 rifle, which I used to shoot for comps.

Have you hunted around for the German WW1 "butchers sawback" (pioneers) or the longer MG needle bayonets? There still around but going for $$$, especially the sawback types.

Has the erzsatz turkish (arabic) markings? Looks very similar to a German erzsatz one?
Cheers
Drew

Hi Drew,
do you mean you kept a P17 bayonet for your .303" P14 rifle?
There was no P14 bayonet,the british P14 rifle bayonet was the P13 bayonet,bayonet stayed the same as the original P13 rifle,the rifle was changed to P14 when the calibre was changed to .303" at the begining of WW1.
The U.S. also adopted this rifle during their involvment in WW1 and re-chamberd it to .30-06 and the bayonet was the P17.
Would be intresting to know which bayonet you have as the P13 is harder to find.

Cheers
Tony

Last edited: