What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII German Collection Stolen

collection stolen

very sad , I know what it is , about 2 1/2 years ago my complete collection got stolen as well , among it mostly German memorabilia , daggers , broches , bayonets , lots of weapons ... , never heard of it again , police wasn't much a helping hand either ....:tinysmile_angry2_t:

It's not only the thieves, some collectors are buying this stuff, or special ordering it from thieves. The thieves are not stealing it for themselves.

Collections are targeted by thieves that have been hired by collector(s) to steal it for them. Think about it, your basic thief unless under direction would have no place to fence a collection. Hard to fathom that collectors are out there that would orchestrate such a thing, but they are out there. A thief is not going to steal an ordnance collection unless it has been pre sold. That is sad......Dano

Luckily, ordnance is fairly heavy. The collection of German medals, daggers, lugers, etc. was fairly compact and light which made it easier to steal.

Theft

Can all UK folk please use smartwater 'DNA' marking on their own collections/valubles.

I know from experiance, crooks really dont like it ( personal feed back from police arresting crooks) and will avoid it if they think its being used.
Uk police routinely check for it,the more people use it the better.
BOCN members could actively check items with a U.V. light.
It would be a great deterent if it was known ALL collections were marked with this stuff.

Its so sad when people are victims of crime.

Regards
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/smart-water-t75038.html?t=75038&highlight=smartwater