What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII German Grenade Fuzes

ztoddman1

After searchign the internet over and over, I am 100% totally confused. I have a small collection of BZE 39 fuzes and it appears that I have 3 different ones. I think the one with the wings are indeed the BZE 39 but waht are the other 2?IMG_0453.JPG

Also, I have replicated them using a small milling machine and lathe and would like to paint them accordingly to the specs, or as close as possible. I am probably going to laughed at but is there a spray paint off the shelf that closely matches?

Thanks
todd

Yes, and they unscrew to the left, not to the right as the other ones, specially made for elude missunderstandings as the Anz39 were instant ignition, and you dont want this when launching a grenade.

whoa, yet another tib bit of info I didn't know. All my fuzes are pretty secure in corrosion and the one that I tried to unscrew, snapped in half. @#$!#~!!!
so the ANZ39's unscrewed like any screw as opposed to the BZE39 which were reversed?

SORRY, I missunderstood myself, like many times with the cap directions :damnmate:. The normal way is on the BZE39 fuzes, the "wrong" way, for say something, it is on the ANZ39. So, BZE39 unscrew to the left, ANZ39 to the right. And it is normal to brake the zinc body after 65 years of oxygen.

great info, thanks. I even have that manual and I missed it, sheeze. Thanks!! Would love to find a NOS or close to it example of both so not to snap them.