What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWII STICKY BOMB (GRENADE)?

bldrhouse

I have.a repro sticky bomb but have never seen anything like this, other than the German Blendkorper.
Any info on this thing?

Since I've just discovered this great site, not sure if I will get notifications of responses, so would appreciate note to bldrhouse@gmail.com also.

Thanks!

Zigy/Boulder CO

Attachments

• STICKY BOMB.jpg
    STICKY BOMB.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to this great site. What you have is a sticky bomb without its cloth covering which would be impregnated with a sticky paste. Its also missing the tin clam covers which protect the sticky glass sphere. Looks like the handle is original.

Here's a short file I did on the "Sticky Bomb" for a Facebook group I was part of. Photos and text were taken from the Imperial War Museum.

Single photos can be taken in HD high definition for more detail and close up shots. So if i wanted to photo a object that has small writing on it or ordnance stamps say, if i photo in low definition as i zoomed in the picture becomes a blur and the detail lost, ie its less pixelated. In HD there are more pixels, so when i zoom in i can get more detail much more than low res or definition.

Nice bit of info to keep for reference. I bet if you walked the commons back then with the dog you would have found loads of discarded casings kicking about. I wonder how many old ladies picking them up thought they would make a handy container or flower pot.