What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you make the call

Hi all, this is offered up on egay and to tell you the truth I liked it, hell I fell in love with it. I put in a couple of bids and got outbid on both occasions. Then I got to taking a closer look at it and what I find is 2 major problems in my mind. What do you think? Dano
P.S. No offense meant to seller and/or buyer of this item

Attachments

• !BgbkPCwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)63BvfpBLFTbgHqNg~~_12.jpg
    !BgbkPCwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)63BvfpBLFTbgHqNg~~_12.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 48
a nicely made base with good patina topped with a scabby grenade ,just doesnt look as though theyre ment to be together

one

Spot on Spotter, That's one and I still think this piece is totally cool but I think not original to anywhere near the WW1 period. There is one more thing that is off on this one. If cheap enough I still would have gone for it but when the price started going up I had to abandon the wagon..Dano

yes

Yes Erik, that's problem 2. The base date and the egg mle# just don't add up. Again this is one I like but when the dust clears it is just all wrong...Dano