What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yugoslavian Panzerfaust - The M57 Infantry Antitank Weapon

tube8

YugoM57Panzerfaust (1).jpgYugoM57Panzerfaust (2).jpgYugoM57Panzerfaust (3).jpgYugoM57Panzerfaust (4).jpgYugoM57Panzerfaust (5).jpgYugoM57Panzerfaust (6).jpgExxtremly hard to find.
I got it in Slowenia last week.

First time I have got as inert baby, regulr only practice.

Fuce is missing.Directly destroyed from factory which inert the ammo.YugoM57Panzerfaust (6).jpg

pencil.png

I've wondered for a long time if this could be an early version of the M57 - thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• 100mm  Unknown a.jpg
    100mm Unknown a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 100
Thats very nice... All I have been able to find so far is a US military rubber training aid for mine... would love to fine a set in a crate like VuleM :bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_3121.jpg
    IMG_3121.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3123.jpg
    IMG_3123.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3125.jpg
    IMG_3125.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 43
US-Subs, yours is a training mine made out of wood for use in M49, an early version of the yugoslav mine launcher, before the RB 57 came in use.
I would like to correct, this is not a rocket, RB was a hand mortar, RB- "ručni bacač".

Bye, Jure.

AK-47, Jure

Is the M57 still considered a "Hand Mortar", or is it now considered a rocket or rocket propelled grenade?

VuleM, but those are sub-cal training devices.
In my opinion the live version (inert) grenade is rarer. :)

In all the books about it, it is described as a hand mortar, also if we look at the first picture, you will see "barutno punjenje", a special tube made out of cardboard, filled with propellent, wich pushed the mine out of the barrel, there was no rocket filling or anything...just a shot.
Vule, yours are model 56 mines, used for training, nice set, also with cleaning rodes for cleaning the inside barrel of mines.
There were 3 types of mines used in JNA, live one (model 57), training (model 56) and an inert mine, used in school (olska), wich was in light blue color.

Bye, Jure.

Just wondering if anyone knows the weight of the propellant charge used in the 57? Is it smokless or Blackpowder?
Thanks.

The whole propellant charge weigts 0,65 kg, but about half of its volume is filled with sand (countermass). The smokeless powder is NC25.

OK. I've just found answer in previous page photo: 96 g!

Last edited:
The propellant charge contains 24 grams of black powder,100 grams of the monotubular graphite powder (Simple base) and a sand countermass.

So the Graphite is simply there to add volume to the black powder, Or does it serve another purpose such as protection against static electricity and making it more stable?

So the Graphite is simply there to add volume to the black powder, Or does it serve another purpose such as protection against static electricity and making it more stable?

No, the Graphite is just a tiny coat on the simple base powder. The powder itself is made of nitrocellulose. But the graphite is indeed against static electricity. Many propellants tend to generate static electricity during drying. Thats why the graphite coat is for.

Ah I misread it, thought that he was referring to graphite powder as a simple base rather than a graphite coated nc based powder. Makes much more sense now, thanks.

How iss the powder arranged in the cartridge? From the "cutaway" picture they have it looks like a tube of powder surrounded by a different powder. Is it a tube of bp surrounded with nc powder, or am I completely off? Really haven't been able to find much real info on it.