What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Estonian grenade

jhonni \

This grenade was find in Pskov region of Russia.
In book by Darryl W. Lynn these grenades as Estonian Egg Grenade....
What do you think?
Body is a British #16Mk...
May be who know a fuze model?

Thanks!

Eugene.

Attachments

• Estonian question.jpg
    Estonian question.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 162
I also think it was estonian. I've find some pictures of it with yellow body and black writing "1933" and "TNT"; and pictures of two boxes with "Paaletungi Kaigas Kasigranaati" 1929 and 1932. Is it a grenade before 1929? And, if it was made from a N16 also the F1 is from estonia?

Attachments

• estonia_02.jpg
    estonia_02.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
  • estonia_03.jpg
    estonia_03.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 67
  • obraz grenade%20question%20F1%20from%20Volinsk.jpg
    obraz grenade%20question%20F1%20from%20Volinsk.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 93
The second photo is my.. It's a French body F-1 with British fuzes bush and bottom plug (photo from Ukraine).
The first photo is a British #16Mk....

While on Estonian grenades

Just thought i'd throw in 2 cents worth, another Estonian grenade of the 1930's the Estonian Stick Grenade (courtesy Robt. Lloyd)...Dano

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 56
  • n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 57
This grenades produced in the Estonian military equipment factory "Arsenal".
Here is my example on the attached picture.

Best
E

Attachments

• arsenalgranade.jpg
    arsenalgranade.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Just thought i'd throw in 2 cents worth, another Estonian grenade of the 1930's the Estonian Stick Grenade (courtesy Robt. Lloyd)...Dano
Does anyone know if there was an earlier ( later? ) version of this Estonian stick grenade?
I once had a wooden stick similar to this, with similar friction igniter tube inside, BUT instead of this German M24 style connector piece it had in both ends similar rolled sheet metal thread sleeves as this one has for end cap. The stick came from Estonia.

Does anyone know if there was an earlier ( later? ) version of this Estonian stick grenade?
I once had a wooden stick similar to this, with similar friction igniter tube inside, BUT instead of this German M24 style connector piece it had in both ends similar rolled sheet metal thread sleeves as this one has for end cap. The stick came from Estonia.

Do you mean this one? I have only stick of the grenade, somewhere on this forum i have seen something about this, but i couldn`t find...

Attachments

• stickun.jpg
    stickun.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 46
Yes Endel, this is the same. My stick had the other end sleeve somewhat damaged. Only thing I know mine came from Estonia.

Yes, I know that the photo is yours, but I thought the similarities between the two grenades: both made with pieces of English grenades; the fuse Estonia seems very similar to English in the downstairs. Perhaps come from the same area? The yellow granade is a N16, but it is in fact a grenade from Estonia.

Unfortunately Ive no ideas, there are only C and r in the middle of this. I have some pictures of technical drawings of this fuze, if you are interested.

Best
E

The scheme or diagram of this fuse it would be good to have..
My model of Estonian.

normal_Estonian_RG.jpg

As far as I know (that aint saying much!) the only Estonian stick grenade is the direct copy of the German WWI m1917 stick. If there were other versions I have not seen one come to light....Dano

Is the Body on the oval Estonian grenade made from surplus British NO16 MKI bodies. The similarities are incredible right down to the 1915 date...Dano

Correct diagram Eugene! :top: I`ve sent you PM.

The body of the grenade is British, filled and stenciled by factory Arsenal.

Last edited:
I just wanted to comment that I have gotten an education from this thread. MOST informative. I've found out lots that I did not know. None of this would be in my Sgt. Rock or Sgt. Fury comic books.....Dano