What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got an SD2B today from Bedford fair.

Nismosonic

Have my 1st SD2. at last.. with history too.
Dropped on Raveningham Near Lowerstoft in September 1943, wings failed to open so fuze didnt arm, some impact damage to drogues... and guess what fuze ?? its a 70B!! (see pics) all original, as found condition.
I'm not going to attempt to straighten the wings as its part of its history. also original green paint, no other colours. Dealt with by Lt Ken Robinson GM 3 Bomb Disposal. Stamped 3 cjg 43 on drogue.
See attached photos.

Attachments

• sd21.jpg
    sd21.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 104
  • sd22.jpg
    sd22.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 113
  • sd23.jpg
    sd23.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 108
Really nice find.

Not really "my thing" but I know a nice item when I see one-lucky chap !

Made especially nice as it comes with its own history.

Got an SD2B today from Bedford fair.....(Nismosonic)

Great find there, well done that man!
I'm still drooling over the 70B fuze!! Nice to get history with a piece, and great to hear your leaving it untouched, its all very well having items in mint condition, but to have real history is priceless!!!
regards
Kev

Good find, well done. And what a nice fuze.
Thanks for showing it.
Dave.

Have my 1st SD2. at last.. with history too.
Dropped on Raveningham Near Lowerstoft in September 1943, wings failed to open so fuze didnt arm, some impact damage to drogues... and guess what fuze ?? its a 70B!! (see pics) all original, as found condition.
I'm not going to attempt to straighten the wings as its part of its history. also original green paint, no other colours. Dealt with by Lt Ken Robinson GM 3 Bomb Disposal. Stamped 3 cjg 43 on drogue.
See attached photos.

Well Done there mate,always nice to see another SD2 and with an interesting Fuse.

Best phil