What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something special?

waffenamt

Im very happy with this B1 Incendiary.

Looks like original packing tape,lovely stampings but above all its the fuze that the clincher!

Looks like a standard steel tile-breaker until closer inspection.

Seems to be 2-part constructed with a crimp to hold together?
Odd manufacturers mark plus what is the letter in red ink?? An s or a 5?
'Z' on the tail end usually denotes that a gaine could be attached as a booby trap?
It will be treated to a new set of tail fins with ink stamps.

Made my day this one!

best

waff

Attachments

• S7007149.jpg
    S7007149.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 73
  • S7007150.jpg
    S7007150.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
  • S7007152.jpg
    S7007152.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 59
  • S7007153.jpg
    S7007153.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 59
  • S7007154.jpg
    S7007154.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 63
  • S7007155.jpg
    S7007155.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 54
  • S7007156.jpg
    S7007156.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 47
  • S7007157.jpg
    S7007157.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 51
Im very happy with this B1 Incendiary.

Looks like original packing tape,lovely stampings but above all its the fuze that the clincher!

Looks like a standard steel tile-breaker until closer inspection.

Seems to be 2-part constructed with a crimp to hold together?
Odd manufacturers mark plus what is the letter in red ink?? An s or a 5?
'Z' on the tail end usually denotes that a gaine could be attached as a booby trap?
It will be treated to a new set of tail fins with ink stamps.

Made my day this one!

best

waff

Very nice bud.

Was the steel breaker or 1.3 kilo Z marked as i thought that was reserved for the B1EZ,B22EZ unless it had the exploding tail.

Best phil

Very nice bud.

Was the steel breaker or 1.3 kilo Z marked as i thought that was reserved for the B1EZ,B22EZ unless it had the exploding tail.

Best phil

Its the second one i have that has this 'Z' stamped on the body? Perhaps it could be fitted with the exploder if required?

Whaddya reckon of that strange fuze matey?

best

waff

Its the second one i have that has this 'Z' stamped on the body? Perhaps it could be fitted with the exploder if required?

Whaddya reckon of that strange fuze matey?

best

waff

Will check mine out as i think i have one the same

will get back to you on it

Best phil

Z should indicate that there is a built-in exploder ( Zerleger ) at tail end of the body.

Looking through some docs the Z could be used on a variety of incediaries with explosive content. However looking at the threaded part in the nose of this fuze it looks like it could be the B1EZB which had a penthrite filled pocket in the nose which detonated between 1/2 and 5 minutes after ignition. (could also be found in the 1.3kg version)

Docs also state a red B stencilled to the nose!!

waff, just make sure that the nose section is totally empty - ie; the bit that unscrews from the nose as it looks as though the explosive is contained forward of the stiker and spring assembly.

Very nice item.

regards Kev

Looking through some docs the Z could be used on a variety of incediaries with explosive content. However looking at the threaded part in the nose of this fuze it looks like it could be the B1EZB which had a penthrite filled pocket in the nose which detonated between 1/2 and 5 minutes after ignition. (could also be found in the 1.3kg version)

Docs also state a red B stencilled to the nose!!

waff, just make sure that the nose section is totally empty - ie; the bit that unscrews from the nose as it looks as though the explosive is contained forward of the stiker and spring assembly.

Very nice item.

regards Kev

Thanks Kev,
Its deffo empty as the guts are missing from the threaded end.
I agree its a red B stencilled. :) Its off upstairs to the room very shortly!

best

waff