What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M816 81mm IR Illum mortar

I bought this rather hastily, to round out my collection. I do not come across any modern era mortars on the market. Alittle disappointed in its condition, an obvious range pick up, ( the fin charge primer and charge has been discharged) but I have never seen one for sale. Fuze marked MTSQ M772, body marked " 81mm M853A1/ M816". Inked " IR ILLUM 81M CTG M816". Any thoughts on it's rarity?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
They are relatively scarce so far. If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands.

I wouldn't describe them as rare, only so far as your access to a local military range or impact area. I picked mine up over 5 years ago on a National Guard range and had my choice of several in the vicinity at the time. Mine has similar stamped markings near the top of the body, but with the slight difference of M853A1/XM816.

DSCN7068.jpgDSCN7069.jpg