Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.

Thread: Avu

Thanks

Avu

Hallo,
    the russian AVU (AWU) family of 3 fuzes AVU-E (AWU-Ä) and AVU-ET (AWU-ÄT) are all very similar. The last 2 have "electro-pyrotechnic Starters", as the russians name this igniters. The first one AVU has a mechanical "starter". Does anybody here have a detailed description (drawing) of this mechanical igniter ? The AVU is also the only one that has this "fixture" on the other side of the mechanical igniter. In a "Halo Trust" document this is called an "Arming Fork Guide". Can anybody explain the detailed function of this ? Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration, I remain,
    Yours Bellifortis.AVU.jpg

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    As far as I know the AVU family has at least 4 fuzes: AVU, AVU-E, AVU-ET and AVU-ETM.
    The first has mechanical arming function, E and ET has electrical arming and ETM has both options.
    I do not have the diagram, but the mechanism works the same way as in the mechanical arming delay MDV.

On the drawing You can see the way the arming wire is attached to the fork on a different soviet fuze.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nabob; 15th January 2019 at 10:57 AM.
    any live or recovered ordnance shown in my posts was dealt with by trained EOD personnel

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nabob For This Useful Post:

Bellifortis (15th January 2019), MINENAZ16 (15th January 2019)

Thanks
    Hi Bob,
    thank you for your instructive answer. The AVU-ETM model I did not even know about up till now.
    regards,
    Bellifortis.