Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thats interesting, wonder if we can find some documentation to prove that!!!

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,025 Posts
    I'd love to see it, but don't know of any.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by US-Subs View Post
    Another interesting piece.

Attachment 150381Attachment 150382
    Looks like an Italian SIPE body ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to siegfreid For This Useful Post:

Spgr30 (9th February 2019)

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    I can just imagine a stereotypicle guy with a big sombrero, big mustache, 12 O'clock shadow, crossed bandoleers and a huge lit cigar for that one....
    ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

Thanks
    Here are a few WWI Stick grenades. I've looked at Delhomme and LexPev, but as noted on some of the threads here there are many minor variations. Nothing seems to either document or explain these differences in detail (at least nothing I can find a translation for) so I want to be sure I am not mixing up a normal variation with a subtle difference in country of manufacture.

Here are the grenades in question.

92 German Stick 1a.jpg93 German Stick 2a.jpg95 German Stick 3a.jpg96 German Stick 4a.jpg

Any information is appreciated.
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Thanks
    Nothing on the stick grenades? My questions are in regard to the differences, whether they are normal variations or something else. Pictures #2 and #3 both appear to be normal Stielhandgranate M1917, with variations in construction and marking. Picture #1 however, the body is over 1cm longer, larger in diameter and different in construction, though the stick appears to be the same. Picture #4 looks to be a Stielhandgranate Brennzunder, but the stick is completely different. My references on these are fairly limited and don't discuss what is a normal variation vs some model I have not yet referenced.

Thanks
    One more that is causing me issues. Lexpev tentatively identifies this as possible N. Korean. He has the same grenade body (subtle differences), but a different fuze. Others have suggested the South Korean A3, which is similar in size, but has some differences as well. While I have been forwarded a good reference on the South Korean grenade, LexPev mentions no reference for the Northern counterpart. The reference for the South Korean model notes that it is similar in design to the North Korean F1, but does not elaborate. Does anyone have anything further? I'm including the A3 document below for those who have interest. In addition see http://lexpev.nl/grenades/middleeast...grenadea3.html. I'm sending back a request to see what fuze it accepts, but without a reference that is still not ID.
    My thanks to other members for the reference and for their conspiracy theories.

66 Korean 3a.jpgCover.jpgPage 2.jpgPage 4.jpgPage 5.jpgPage 6.jpgPage 7.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

Spgr30 (13th February 2019)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by US-Subs View Post
    Here are a few WWI Stick grenades. I've looked at Delhomme and LexPev, but as noted on some of the threads here there are many minor variations. Nothing seems to either document or explain these differences in detail (at least nothing I can find a translation for) so I want to be sure I am not mixing up a normal variation with a subtle difference in country of manufacture.

Here are the grenades in question.

92 German Stick 1a.jpg93 German Stick 2a.jpg95 German Stick 3a.jpg96 German Stick 4a.jpg

Any information is appreciated.
    I'm certainly not an expert on WW1 German S/G's but I can say that about 30 years ago I purchased a collection of 25 from a defunct museum & they were all quite different when laid out side by side , particularly the cans showed considerable variation in dimensions even within types that were clearly the same basic model . There is a guy on this site who's very knowledgeable on German S/G's , so he might know . Siegfreid .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to siegfreid For This Useful Post:

US-Subs (14th February 2019)

Thanks
    While searching for information on Aasen type grenades I dug up this link that was posted some years ago. It is still active and I thought I'd re-post it for those that have not seen it, some very nice photos and a pretty good translator button.

https://www.arma-dania.dk/public/tim...t.php?a=return

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to US-Subs For This Useful Post:

roller63 (14th February 2019), wichitaslumlord (15th February 2019)

Thanks
    Noting the similarities and the timeline, was the French P3 considered an Aasen design, a descendant of one, or a completely separate development? Other than poor quality group photos I have been unable to find a good comparative photo collection of Aasen designs, or of some of the P2-P3 variations. Without this it is difficult to draw a line between the two. Is there one?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast