What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martini and snider rounds

Shawy

Hi all,been doing some more sorting and found these today,though it might be interesting to share. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg L-r. Sa ball Martini Henry mk3. Sa ball Martini Henry mk2. .577/450 mh mk2 Jamison. .476 buckshot mk2 Kirkee India. .476 ball mk1 Dum Dum India. .577 Snider mk1X. .577 Snider my? Eley. .577 snider mk? Kynoch. .577 snider my? Buckshot Kynoch. .577 Snider mk? Blank. I've not really researched them but that's what I was told when I bought them. Any comments or Id would be appreciated. Regards Shawy.

Last edited:
Going out on a limb here but I'm sure your blank is a MkIV which,even though earlier marks were approved for use also in the Martini Henry, was specifically manufactured for use in the Snider and the Martini Henry rifles.
The MkIII 450/577,first in your group photo, because of the colour of the patch would suggest that it is a carbine load
This site will be of great help to you for information on your rounds( apart from the commercial ones you have)

https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/-450-inch-martini-henry

Last edited:
Hi smle2009,thanks for the id. I've never got round to researching these rnds but I've got lots of time spare now. My main field is .303. The mk lll is (as bought)and I'm not sure it's correct. There's no sight hole and no markings on it. It's got an iron base and copper primer socket and primer. The orange patch doesn't look original considering its age. Many thanks Pete. (Shawy).