What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12Pdr 12cwt QF AA Gun Case - What Does F.A. Mean?

oldshotandshell

I recently found this 12Pdr 12cwt Anti-Aircraft Gun case (76.2x408R) and am puzzled by the F.A. in the headstamp. The 12Pdr 12cwt Anti-Aircraft Gun used a fixed round rather than the relatively more common separate round so I'm wondering if the F.A. in the headstamp means Fixed Ammunition? Any other thoughts would be appreciated...

P1060577.JPGP1060581.JPG

I recently found this 12Pdr 12cwt Anti-Aircraft Gun case (76.2x408R) and am puzzled by the F.A. in the headstamp. The 12Pdr 12cwt Anti-Aircraft Gun used a fixed round rather than the relatively more common separate round so I'm wondering if the F.A. in the headstamp means Fixed Ammunition? Any other thoughts would be appreciated...

View attachment 150102View attachment 150103

Yes Keith, it means Fixed Ammunition.

D

Thank you Gentlemen. I found it in a local Junk Shop last weekend and so confirmed my belief that there is still good material out there waiting to be discovered. Shame it didn't have the primer but you can't have everything!