What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed

Richard709

Any ideas what these 2 are,

Web no idea 2 003.jpgWeb no idea 2 002.jpgWeb no idea 2 001.jpgWeb no idea 2 004.jpgWeb no idea 2 005.jpg

These are made from a hard wood and are 110mm long and 45mm dia the recess in the top is about 7mm. They have no markings on them at all.
Any help is appreciated.
Rich

No problems, They are I believe drill charges ?? of some sort and are British...Navy? because they came from a former RNAD.

Last edited:
They could be distance pieces for the fuze well, often found in the wooden ammo box packaging. The 4.5" projectiles are a classic example.

I've have 2 of the Nobel's already, For Info the centre hole is threaded at one end. I have already compared them against each other and the wooden ones are a little bit bigger. I like the idea about the 4.5 but they would have to be for the Mk5 or earlier as the gain on the Mk8 is longer, not sure it would have the recess either.
Cheers, Rich

Last edited: