What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

521 Coy, RAOC

Yes. Nice to see it survived the last 25 years or so. Maybe it should be offered to the RLC museum when it opens.

Bonnex,

Presumably, the move to Worthy Down is because the site is due to become the home of the 'Defence College of Logistics'?

TimG

Bonnex,

Presumably, the move to Worthy Down is because the site is due to become the home of the 'Defence College of Logistics'?

TimG

Yes. As I understand it the Deepcut/Blackdown estate is sold off for housing development. No doubt the new residents will agitate for the closure of the ranges adjacent to Blackdown (Pirbright and Bisley).

Its good to hear from LCplCombat that the unit sign is staying with the Troop.

Yes. As I understand it the Deepcut/Blackdown estate is sold off for housing development. No doubt the new residents will agitate for the closure of the ranges adjacent to Blackdown (Pirbright and Bisley).

Its good to hear from LCplCombat that the unit sign is staying with the Troop.

Some of them even still wear uniform. Mostly.

I spent a very enjoyable 4 years at the Catterick Detachment in the mid 80's. Edinburgh, Catterick and Liverpool were the three detachments making up 521 Company. There was also 621 and 721 Companies on the mainland and 321 in Northern Ireland.

Regards John P

It looks to be in good condition considering that the RAOC was done away with in April 1993.

I think it was secreted somewhere inside the building. No pesky RCT types mooning about to complain about it.