What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I. D help required unknown british? 4lb a.p? incendiary bomb

Wgreen

Hi to all I picked up this item at the last local fair believed to be a ww2 British 4lb incendiary but I can not find an example quite the same after searching through bocn and the Web in general it seems to have much in common with the normal 4lb incendiarys I.e hexagon shaped head and body, steel head and a magnesium body but most I have seen have a flat head and a different tail style this example weighs 3lb 8oz empty and inert the pointed steel head measures 12cm long and has 3 holes spaced around it, overall length is 32cm width is 4.6cm the tail end has a disk on the end with a hole in the centre which leads into the body I have read that during development of the 4lb incendiarys many different designs where tryed and this could be one of them or maybe its not even British? I can find no markings on this at all but it is somewhat damaged by corrosion any help or info would as always be very much appreciated wg
ba6e5120b018db04b5e04a7cca622564.jpg
60e91feaa049949d3c1fb8b21cf8ef8a.jpg
18dcad6e43ffe53223c19a2a2cb11cc7.jpg

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk